There is no secret about the science behind penile tissue expansion. Using techniques that people have been using for centuries, scientists have simply taken basic principles of traction and applied it to penis tissues. This practice is frequently used for burn victims, plastic surgery patients and those with coetaneous defects – all needing traction to promote skin re-growth.
Ancient cultures used traction to stretch various body parts. In Birmania, Giraffe women from the Paduang tribe employed means of traction to extend their necks. Other tribes from Africa and the Amazon had similar ideas, attaching small weights to lips and ears.
These are not recent discoveries and have been in use in the medical field for decades. The penis works in much the same way. TuShy designed an extender that would enlarge the penis by means of traction. It relaxes the surrounding muscles and lets the skin grow back stronger and more robust than ever.
The Science of Stretching
Any skin that is put through a regular series of stretching exercises eventually experiences growth. Microscopic skin cells collapse and then multiply as it attempts to heal. This repeated action is known as traction and it is what leads to penis length and girth expansion. If done properly in a regular fashion, the stretching should be painless.
Since the process should be done over an extended period of time, the penis has time to adjust to the new size, thus creating permanent results. This popular technique is used in other scientific fields; doctors treat burn victims and other patients require skin re-growth to heal their wounds.
Scientific Literature Published on this Subject:
- Paonessa-KJ; Hostnik-WJ; Zide-BM Use of tissue expanders for wound closure of spinal infections or dehiscence. Orthop-Clin-North-Am. 1996 Jan; 27(1): 155-70
- Carramaschi-F; Gemperli-R; Speranzini-M; Ferreira-MC [Immediate and late reconstruction of the breast using tissue expanders] Reconstrucao mamaria imediata e tardia com expansores de tecidos. Rev-Hosp-Clin-Fac-Med-Sao-Paulo. 1995; 50 Suppl: 6-9
- Cohen-M Alopecia: an unfavorable result of using a skin-stretching device [letter] Plast-Reconstr-Surg. 1995 Sep; 96(3): 747-8
- Hallock-CG Safety of clinical overinflation of tissue expanders. Plast-Reconstr-Surg. 1995 Jul; 96(1): 153-7
- Day-TA; Aarstad-RF; Hoasjoe-Dk; Stucker-Fj The use of tissue expanders in the correction of ectropion in an animal model Laryngoscope. 1995 Apr; 105(4 Pt 1): 365-7
- Jackson-WB; Goldson-AL; Staud-C Postoperative irradiation following immediate breast reconstruction using a temporary tissue expander. J-Natl-Med-Assoc. 1994 Jul; 86(7): 538-42
- May-JW Jr; Bucky-LP; Sohoni-S; Ehrlich-HP Smooth versus textured expander implants: a double-blind study of capsule quality and discomfort in simultaneus bilateral breast reconstruction patients [see comments] Comment in: Ann-Plast-Surg 1995 Feb; 34(2):221 Ann-Plast-Surg. 1994 Mar; 32(3): 225-32; discussion 232-3
- Lew-D; Fuseler-JW The effect of pulsed expansion of subfascially placed expanders on the extent and duration of mitosis in the capsule and rat integument. J-Oral-Maxillofac-Surg. 1993 Feb; 51(2): 154-8
- Faivre-J; Faivre-JM [Breast reconstruction after mastectomy or breast amputation] La restauration du sein apres mammectomie ou amputation mammaire. Contracept-Fertil-Sex. 1993 Feb; 21(2): 163-6
- Poirier-P; Passuti-N; Touchais-S; Bainvel-JV [Value of cutaneous expansion in the repair of skin defects aftes posterior surgical intervention on the spine] Interet de l`expansion cutanee dans les reprises des voies d`abord posterieures du rachis. Rev-Chir-Orthop-Reparatrice-Appar-Mot. 1993; 79(5): 418-22
- Spodnick-GJ; Pavletic-MM; Clark-GN; Schelling-SH; Kraus-Kh Controlled tissue expansion in the distal extremities of dogs. Vet-Surg. 1993 Nov-Dec; 22(6): 436-43
- Ruiz-Razura-A; Layton-EG Jr; Williams-JL Jr; Cohen-BE Clinical applications of acute intraoperative arterial elongation. J-Reconstr-Micosurg. 1993 Sep; 9(5): 335-40
- Whitney-TM; Ramasastry-S; Furtell-JW Combined tissue expansion and free tissue transfer for reconstruction of the hand in epidermolysis bullosa-associated malignancy. Ann-Plast-Surg. 1993 Dec; 31(6):552-5
- Paulhe-P; Aubert-JP; Magalon-G [Forum on tissue expansion. Are tissue expansion and radiotherapy compatible? Apropos of a series of 50 consecutive breast reconstructions] Forum: l`expansion tissulaire. L`expansion tissulaire et la radiotherapie sont-elles compatibles? Apropos d`une serie de 50 reconstructions mammaires consecutives. Ann-Chir-Plast-Esthet. 1993 Feb; 38(1): 54-61
- Bannerot-H; Garnier-D; Ricbourg-B [Forum on tissue expansion. Fast continous expansion. A 3-years evaluation of its use from a retrospective study of 78 cases] Forum: l`expansion tissulaire. Expansion continue rapide. Bilan de trois ans d`utilisation sur une etude retrospective de 78 dossiers. Ann-Chir-Plast-Esthet. 1993 Feb; 38(1): 41-7
- Aubert-JP; Paulhe-P; Magalon-G [Forum on tissue expansion. Expansion of the upper limb] Forum: l`expansion tissulaire. L`expasion cutanee au membre superieur. Ann-Chir-Plast-Esthet. 1993 Feb; 38(1): 34-40
- Foyatier-JL; Comparin-JP; Latarjet-J; Delay-E; Spitalier-P; Masson-CL [Forum on tissue expansion. Repair of sequelae of facial burns by cervical cutaneous expansion] Forum: l`expansion tissulaire. Reparation des sequelles de brulure de la face par expasion cutanee cervicale. Ann-Chir-Plast-Esthet. 1993 Feb; 38(1): 27-33
- Ferrand-JY; Watier-E; Faivre-J; Pailheret-JP [Forum on tissue expansion. Value of cutaneous expansion for the covering of synthetic materials used in cranioplasty. Aprops of a case] Forum: l`expansion tissulaire. Interet de l`expasion cutanee pour la couverture de materiaux synthetiques de cranioplastie. Aprops d`une observation. Ann-Chir-Plast-Esthet. 1993 Feb; 38(1): 23-6
- Foyatier-JL; Delay-E; Comparin-JP; Latarjet-J; Masson-CL [Forum on tissue expansion. Expansion of the scalp. Surgical techniques and clinical applications] Forum: l`expansion tissulaire. L`expansion du cuir chevelu. Techniques chirurgicales et applications cliniques. Ann-Chir-Plast-Esthet. 1993 Feb; 38(1): 11-22
- Anger-J; Szego-T Use of videoscopy as an aid in the placement of tissue expanders. Rev-Paul-Med. 1993 Mar-Apr; 111(2): 363-6
- Brown-MdD; Johnson-TM Complications of tissue expansion. J-Dermatol-Surg-Oncol. 1993 Dec; 19(12): 1120-2
- Mandy-SH Intraoperative expander-assisted scalp reduction. J-Dermatol-Surg-Oncol. 1993 Dec; 19(12): 1117-9
- Frodel-JL Jr; Whitaker-DC Primary reconstruction of congenital facial lesion defects with tissue expasion. J-Dermatol-Surg-Oncol. 1993 Dec; 19(12): 1110-6
- Carruthers-A Tissue expansion and Mohs micrographic surgery. J-Dermatol-Surg-Oncol. 1993 Dec; 19(12): 1106-9
- Matrasso-SL; Matarasso-A; Glogau-RG Permanent tissue expasion. J-Dermatol-Surg-Oncol. 1993 Dec; 19(12): 1103-5
- Collins-SA; Swanson-NA Chronic tissue expansion. J-Dermatol-Surg-Oncol. 1993 Dec; 19(12): 1090-8
- Auletta-MJ; Matarasso-SL; Glogau-RG; Tromovitch-TA Comparison of skin hooks and Foley catheters for immediate tissue expansion. J-Dermatol-Surg-Oncol. 1993 Dec; 19(12): 1084-8
- Greenbaum-SS Intraoperative tissue expansion with the Foley catheter. J-Dermatol-Surg-Oncol. 1993 Dec; 19(12): 1079-83